There’s more to your life than homework and reading. Use these web links to help answer questions about health, college, relationships, and anything else that’s going on in your world.
NEED HELP NOW
- National Suicide Prevention Line
Call 1-800-273-8255 or chat online here if you are having thoughts of suicide. The National Suicide Prevention Line is open 24/7, and the website also has resources available.
- Trans Lifeline
Call 1-877-565-8860 if you are a trans young person in crisis 18 hours a day (hours on their website) and you will be connected with a trans-identified peer counselor.
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
Call 1-800-841-8371 for help in the aftermath of a sexual assault. BARCC also has a list of immediate steps to take, provides counseling, and has an excellent list of online resources for survivors of sexual violence.
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 or text 678678
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
High School Placement Test
- Free HSPT Practice Tests
Free practice tests for the High School Placement Test
- Help Around Town
This local organization’s website can help you to find jobs in your neighborhood and around town and to advertise your services, in areas such as pet care, child care, tutoring, yardwork, etc.
- CampusTours – Virtual College Tours – Use this site to get admissions information and take online tours of colleges without even leaving the house.
- Online College Database – A database of online US colleges, universities & community colleges clickable by state with info on tuition, starting salaries after graduation, and links to college websites.
- FastWeb – Find scholarships you can apply for
- Free SAT Practice Tests
Practice Driver’s Tests
- Studying for your drivers permit or license exam? Take practice tests, free, no registration required!
Sexuality information and support
- Scarleteen – Sex and relationship education for teens and emerging adults
- BAGLY- The Boston Alliance of Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Youth – Provides programs, training and support to LGBTQ+ youth, including a clinic and free mental health services
- Queer Mystic – Provides support and events in the area for queer teens, operates primarily in Arlington