About the Friends of the Belmont Public Library
Communicate • Represent • Collaborate • Support
Founded in 1972, the Friends of the Belmont Public Library is a nonprofit, charitable 501(c)(3) all-volunteer organization dedicated to the active promotion, welfare and support of the Belmont Public Library and its vital role in our community.
Today, Friends of the Belmont Public Library (FOBPL) Executive Board and At-Large Directors have embraced those leadership goals through its mission:
- To Communicate a greater awareness of the Friends within the Belmont community’s residents, patrons, organizations and businesses.
- To Represent Belmont’s cultural diversity, interests and welfare through varied Library programs, services and activities as well as in our membership and on our Board of Directors.
- To Collaborate with Library Director, Trustees and Foundation to strengthen the Library’s public interface and usher future goals to fruition.
- To Support Library programs, services and activities financially and through volunteer engagement.
The Friends has a board of 21 members, elected annually. The loyal financial and volunteer support of 350 member families allows the Belmont library to offer services and programs otherwise beyond its taxpayer funding. Friends fundraising from membership donations and book sales has financed discount passes to local museums, young adult and children’s programs, author and music series, the One Book One Belmont community participation read, and other important gifts to the Library.
The FOBPL recruits volunteers and supports outreach programs for the community including special cultural, educational and public interest programs for people of all ages.
Become a Friend! Join in our mission to Communicate, Represent, Collaborate and Support!
- Join or Renew online
- Print a Friends membership form to mail in
- Pick up a membership form at the library’s front desk
- Volunteer for Friends activities
- Subscribe to the Library newsletter to keep up with Friends activities
Friends Board Meetings
The following meetings are on Thursdays at 10:00-11:30 am on Zoom. Email [email protected] for an invite/link at least 24+ hours prior to the meeting date.
Elaine Westermark, Co-President
Marie Mabardi, Co-President
Susan Black, Co-Treasurer
Hannah Fischer, Co-Treasurer
Pamela Delalla, Secretary
Email [email protected]