*Please consult the individual museum pass benefits information for detailed instructions on how to borrow & use each pass. Many have changed as a result of COVID-19 and require advanced, timed entry tickets as well as the discounted museum pass.*
Museum Pass Guidelines
Reserve a Museum Pass with the Belmont Public Library and save money! Please read our Museum Pass Policy for information on eligibility, penalties and fines. Our passes are provided by the Friends of the Belmont Public Library – without them, this program would not be possible.
The museum pass program is operated by the Belmont Public Library and is funded by the Friends of the Belmont Public Library.
- Only one pass may be borrowed for any one day
- Passes for the same museum may be borrowed no more than twice per month per family
- During school vacation weeks only one pass may be borrowed during that week
- Patrons must present their Minuteman Library Network library card when picking up a pass
- Reservations may be made up to 60 days in advance—online, in person or by telephone (617-993-2870)
- A $5.00 per day late fee will be charged for tardiness
- You must be a resident of Belmont to use these museum passes
Weekday passes (Monday–Friday) are due before 9 AM the next morning. Saturday/Sunday passes are due before 9 AM on Monday morning. Please return pass in person at the Reference Desk the same day you use it or before 9 AM the following morning through the front door mail slot, not in the book drop. Loss of a pass, failure to pick up a pass, or failure to cancel a reservation will result in the loss of museum pass borrowing privileges for 3 months. Cancellations or rescheduling may be done by calling the Reference Desk at 617-993-2870 or through the link found in your confirmation email.