Temporary Space: Service Pause
Items on Hold
Throughout the month of November, the Belmont Public Library will be slowing down our normal business to focus on packing and moving. We will have less programming and will be adjusting the process of requesting and receiving holds.
November 22 will be the last day to pick up any holds for 6 or 7 days as it will be our final day of service in the current building. At this point we will close for 3-4 days after the Thanksgiving holiday. On Monday, November 27th we will move items on hold into our temporary locations, and resume holds pickup; we hope to make those items available again by November 28th.
For holds pickup and limited services available during the transition (November 27th through December 8th), the library hours of operation will be as follows:
Beech Street Center hours during this period (11/27 – 12/8) will be:
- Monday & Wednesday – Friday: 9am – 4pm
- Tuesday: 9am – 7pm
Benton Library hours during this period (11/27 – 12/8) will be:
- Monday: 9am – 1pm
- Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 9am – 12pm & 1pm – 5pm
- Wednesday: 10am – 12pm & 1pm – 7pm
Services available during the transition
While we are packing up and moving (November 27th – onward), we will have some services still available:
- We will allow book returns in our book drop even after our final day of service in the current building. Starting on November 27th, returns will also be accepted at the Beech Street Center.
- At the Beech Street Center, we will have Museum Pass pickup available. You can still reserve museum passes via the normal procedure but for passes that required a physical pass to be picked up, those will be available at the Beech Street Center starting November 27th. While you are there, do not forget that they have computers, comfortable seating, magazines, and programming. They are looking forward to seeing you!
- We will continue to offer limited programming, both in person and virtually on Zoom, so check our events calendar for offerings.
- Librarians will be standing by to help you between the hours of 9am and 4pm, both with our online chat, as well as our new Library Hotline number (617-993-2871). Do not forget, you can always use the online chat function, even in the middle of the night. Staff will see your questions once we begin work in the morning.