Collection Policy for Tangible Gifts
Collection Policy for Tangible Gifts | Art, Sculpture, Rare Books Furniture
The Board of Library Trustees has established the following guidelines that apply to a gift of tangible property to the Library:
- Acceptance in each case is determined by the Resolution of the Board of Library Trustees or by the Director pursuant to authority granted by the Board of Library Trustees. The Board of Library Trustees will acknowledge all gifts but in no instance will said Board apply a monetary value to the gift.
- The criteria for a gift will the same as the criteria for an item purchased by the Library. Any gift must be of aesthetic and/or historical interest.
- A gift shall not involve additional expense for its present or future use, display maintenance, or administration unless such expense is covered by new or existing funds provided for this purpose.
- Any item given as a gift becomes the sole property of the Library. The Library will be the sole determinant of its use/display.
- Items given as gifts to the Library may be deaccessioned in a manner consistent with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the laws of the Town of Belmont at the direction of the Board of Library Trustees.
Approved June 10, 2008